Monday 15 October 2007

Blood Donation Drive (Another Unlucky Day)

I guess I have to say that this is another bad day for me. =( I agreed with my club to follow them the National Blood Bank(NBB), to donate blood.

Now, I don't really have a good experience with donating blood though. The last time I donated was back in INTI Subang, where i studied for my A-Levels. That time, me and my friend decided to do some good to society. Being healthy and after the various checks carried out, I was eligible for donating.

It started quite well, with the encouragement from all my friends there that day, I actually did not really feel the pain of the needle pooking into my arm. So, blood started flowing out from me, and the bag was starting to be filled. I was rather ok still at that moment, chatting with my friends and still being able to joke around.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy. I began to feel like fainting, cos my vision was blurred. So, I called the nurse up and told her i wasn't feeling right and she quickly stopped the blood from flowing and remove the bag from me. I was then left to lie down, with my head tilted back, to let the blood in my body flow again.

With that bad experience always in mind, I went to the NBB today with fear and insecurity. It went well through the registration process; they had my record actually, and when I was waiting for my turn to be called to enter the blood donation area, my hands began to became very cold(maybe that explains my name-Iceman). Hehehe.

Well, my number obviously got called anyway, so all of us went in and I was asked to sit on that same chair that I almost fainted on the last time. Only difference is that this chair was much more nicer, and the facilities there were much more advanced. The same process started and my hands were still very cold.

Blood was pumping out of me with high speed again. The bag was filling up and everything went well this time. I did not fell uneasy and did not had any feeling of fainting. The bag was then eventually filled up, and it was time to remove the needle in my arm(this needle is actually connected to the blood bag and it channels blood from the body to the bag).

Removing was ok, and I was prepared to leave the chair when I jus felt like fainting again. I really dunno what's the matter. During all the checks, even with the doctor, my condition was great(I have high amounts of hemoglobin, my blood pressure is good, my weight is wonderful(I think so... Hahaha) and well, to make it simple everything was a go for me.

So, once again i was left to lie down with my head tilted slightly to the back. This was rather embarassing though. In front of so many people, how could this happen to me?? My goodness...

Until now, as I am writing this blog, I am still feelin rather weak and I think i really need to take an early rest. They gave some ion pills after the donation and I am supposed to take once everyday after a meal. I jus don't know what the outcome of that will be. I just hope I don't get anymore bad experiences.

Sigh....

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment